Today is an especially powerful New Moon Power Day because this new moon, in the zodiac sign of Cancer, falls on the solstice and is causing a solar eclipse. This is a rare event and will not occur again until 2039.
The aim of the new moon power days is to work with the energy of each new moon to set our intentions and goals in relation to the topics of influence covered by the zodiac sign. Setting your intention on New Moon Power Days is a powerful tool for manifesting what you really want for your life.
In astrology the moon governs the emotions, the brain, body fluids, growth and development and our subconscious habits in relation to how we react to circumstance and situations. The moon has a pattern of ebb and flow to its as it makes its way around the earth each month. The new moon is the beginning of the cycle – waxing (increasing in power) up to the full moon, then waning (decreasing in power) as it approaches the end of the cycle.
If we look at the topics of influence of the zodiac sign of Cancer we have home and family, personal growth, childhood, security (emotional, financial and material), and nurturing. This particular new moon falls on the very beginning degree of Cancer and the moon is at home in this sign, being the astrological ruler of Cancer, so whilst the moon is in the sign of Cancer we are more likely to be experiencing a heightening of emotions and issues around matters of the home and family, security and protection, and personal development may come into our awareness.
Setting your intention
Timing of setting your new moon intentions is to occur in the 8 hour period immediately following the time of the new moon. This new moon occurs at 16:41 in Sydney 21st June 2020.
To set your intentions it is important to handwrite your intentions on paper – there is something profound about the act of handwriting because your energy and intention flows through your hand and onto the page via the pen. Notice how your handwriting style may change according to your mood, so it reflects more of your inner feelings than typing on a keyboard.
It is recommended to create at least 3 intentions and a maximum of 10. Any more will dilute the energy. Intentions are phrased as wants/wishes and it is important that you write them in a way that activates your feelings so you are emotionally involved with the intention.
Examples of intentions for the Cancer new moon
- I want to express my feelings honestly in a way that doesn’t alienate my family
- I want to attract a new home that I can easily afford and that meets the needs of my family
- I want to attract the best person to market and sell my house for the price I am happy with
- I want to create a more loving atmosphere in my home so my family feel safe and secure to express themselves honestly
- I want to release insecurity around finances so I can purchase the home I really want
- I want to safely explore my childhood experiences so I can release myself from conditioning that has caused me to hold fear around my ability to create and express myself honestly